#700: A Reversible Nuno-Felted Jacket
Thu, Jun 21 – Sun, Jun 24 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class Fee: $545
Early Bird: $50 OFF! If you register by May 15!
A Reversible Nuno-felted Jacket – 4days - make a seamless nuno felted jacket Skill Level: Advanced This is a four-day advanced class for students who already have nuno felting experience. The workshop will focus on working creatively in exploring and concentrating on . both sides and godets to give flair and movement. The focus will be on designing a one piece well fitted jacket The first day we will measure, design and make our patterns and make pre-felt decorations for our garments.The second day and part of the third day class will be devoted to laying out the wool and decorations for garment. The fourth day we will finish and shape our jackets.
A $49 material fee will be collected at the class. Please bring this amount with you to the event.
Material Fee Covers:
- 1 ½ lb fine merino wool 18-19 microns
Students Must Bring:
- Collage mixing of silk fabric designs, solid or patterns.
- 9-12 yards silk chiffon 5-8 mm or light china silk 4-5 mm. If you can not see thru it can not use it( this jacket is silk on inside and outside with wool in the middle)
- *Spend time to find patterned and solid silks, the inside and the outside can coordinate or can be completely different.
- 1-2 yards organza
- Silk fibers
- Silk wool blends
- Silk hanks, silk laps
- The above list can be used to create texture.
- Duct tape
- Needle and thread
- Painters drop cloth plastic
- Needle felting supplies
- Pattern brown paper
- Measuring tape
- Sharp pencil
- Permanent marker
- Floor underlay (for pattern making)
- Pool cover for rolling(or rug gripper)
- Pool noodle for rolling
- Bucket/ sprayer sponge whatever you use to apply water to your work.
- Felting soap