#402: One of a Kind – Felt Jewelry with Mixed Media Elements
Sat, Jun 23 – Sun, Jun 24 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class Fee: $345
Early Bird: $50 OFF! If you register by May 15!
In this workshop we will explore the different techniques how to manipulate( pre-) felt pieces during the felting process to achieve an extraordinary surface design for jewelry. Interesting material mixtures, incorporation of three dimensional parts and to gold-plate felted parts as an eyecatcher will make every work one of a kind. We will cut, sew, layer, staple and bulge. We will play with pre-felts, structures and textures, forms and designs. Discussing our experiences and results with the group members will enrich us and completes the education. The design of our own jewelry pieces with interesting mixed media components will complete the path until the end of the class.
A material fee (to be determined) will be collected at the class. Please plan on paying the material fee when you come to the event.
Students Must Bring:
- Merino wool superfine (16-19 micron)
- Effect yarns ( they can be from wool, but also from polyester, microfiber etc / those with sequences and glitter work out very nice)
- Sequins or fabric with sequins
- Silk and specialty fibres (linen, hemp, tussah or mulberrysilk, silk hankies or silk sheets)
- Second hand fabrics, laces, silk or thin polyester and viscose fabrics which can be used for nuno felts (the ugly the better, blingbling welcome)
- Writing utensils and a sketch book
- Camera or mobile phone for the private documentation of the working steps
- Individual feltmaking kit
- Wooden barbecue sticks or short knitting needles for socks, long wooden spoon, honey spoon, mini card form the pet shop (for cats or dogs)
- Scissors (sharp / tailor scissors)
- Thin plastic wrap
- Bubble foil (one side flat, one side with bubbles, not the one with the bubbles in between)
- Sewing and stitching kit