#401: Little Capsules and Pods
Thu, Jun 21 – Fri, Jun 22 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class Fee: $345
Early Bird: $50 OFF! If you register by May 15!
In this workshop participants will create a series of little, but expressive and unique objects. Only by laying out the wool in a special way and using selfmade prefelts, the miniatures receive an extraordinary shape and texture without a multilayered template. The technique shown can be transferred into further objects in optional sizes, the results can be used as decoration objects or gifts as well as jewelry pieces like pendants.
A material fee (to be determined) will be collected at the class. Please plan on paying the material fee when you come to the event.
Students Must Bring:
- Merino wool superfine (16-19 micron)
- Effect yarns ( they can be from wool, but also from polyester, microfiber etc / those with sequences and glitter work out very nice)
- Sequins or fabric with sequins
- Silk and specialty fibres (linen, hemp, tussah or mulberrysilk, silk hankies or silk sheets)
- Second hand fabrics, laces, silk or thin polyester and viscose fabrics which can be used for nuno felts (the ugly the better, blingbling welcome)
- Writing utensils and a sketch book
- Camera or mobile phone for the private documentation of the working steps
- Individual feltmaking kit
- Wooden barbecue sticks or short knitting needles for socks, long wooden spoon, honey spoon, mini card form the pet shop (for cats or dogs)
- Scissors (sharp / tailor scissors)
- Thin plastic wrap
- Bubble foil (one side flat, one side with bubbles, not the one with the bubbles in between)
- Sewing and stitching kit