#301: Experimental Forms in Felt
Experimental Forms in Felt Pamela A. MacGregor This workshop was designed for the high intermediate to advanced felter interested in pushing the limits of three dimensional forms that can be added to wall hangings, hats and vessels. In this workshop you will be given many Interesting sample patterns over the three days. Some patterns will be simple shapes with a slight twist, while others will have multiple resists. All are to be individually interpreted within specific design perimeters set for each pattern. It may be only two cuts within the resist or using two colors and one cut or adding a few additions to the patterns. You will be encouraged to play with your own creative and intuitive spirit under Pamela’s guidance on each of the patterns you will be provided. Daily discussions within the group on how each person approached the same pattern will also be a great learning experience as each person's approach to the same pattern will be vary. Come and play with us, are you game for the challenge??? A complete knowledge of layout with a 3-dimensional resist and some surface techniques are mandatory.
A $45 material fee will be collected at the seminar. Please bring this amount with you to the event.
Material Fee Covers:
- 8 oz Finnish wool (more can be purchased)
- Use of felting tools
- Use of water containers
- Use of ballbrausers
- All material for patterns
- All other incidentals, basting thread, needles, tape etc.
Students Must Bring:
- 4 oz. of merino wool or the wool they use for their own three dimensional work for the last day.
- Sharp scissors, add in curved embroidery scissors if you have them
- Very thin .05-.07 painter’s plastic (check out the dollar store)
- Note paper and pen/pencil
- Embroidery floss and needle Optional
- Beads and appropriate thread and needle Optional
- Several towels and a willingness to take part in learning during creative play