#300: Personal Totems in Felt
PERSONAL TOTEM IN FELT Pamela A. MacGregor This exciting three-day workshop will venture into combining a simple but elegant felted vessel or bowl that will house your personal totem. We will be encasing shapes with many of your favorite surface designs, techniques and by adding some mixed media to make it your own personal artistic statement. It is totally open for your creative interpretation. Pamela will facilitate each student’s ideas into a one of a kind personal work. Instruction on installing the totem securely within the vessel/bowl and how to create a stand or utilize premade stands for your personal totem will be addressed as time permits. Please contact Pamela at email@example.com for any questions concerning the project or supplies needed for your personal statement (place the word "workshop" in the subject area).
A $45 material fee will be collected at the seminar. Please bring this amount with you to the event.
Material Fee Covers:
- 8 oz of Finnish wool
- Handout/plastic sleeve
- Foam balls
- Metal rod/nuts and bolts
- Use of my tools
Students Must Bring:
- One pair of Pantyhose
- Merino bits and pieces, colors of your choice about 5 oz.
- Disposable razors
- White underlayment like Pergo underlayment 2’ x 2’
- Prefelt, colors of your choice
- Olive oil soap such as Kiss My Face, please no dish soap
- Nylon curtain material or mosquito netting about 2’ x 2’
- Very thin plastic .05-.07 check dollar store for a thin pack
- Felting needles (no needle felting sponge is needed)
- Large grout sponge from hardware store
- Thread and needle for basting
- Embroidery needles and floss
- Anything you might want to add into your totem for the personal statement.
- Silk bits and pieces for the totem
- Nepps or yarns