#100: Layers, Felt Cut Away Wall Hanging
During this three-day course you will first produce a sample using Caroline's techniques. You will then layout a larger wall hanging using these techniques along with composed colorful layers of wool, silk, curly locks, and manipulation of three-dimensional shapes to reveal hidden depths beneath the surface. Additional surface designs and techniques will be addressed to enhance this wall hanging into a one of a kind artwork.
A $0 material fee will be collected at the seminar. Please bring this amount with you to the event.
Students Must Bring:
- Needle felt (prefelt), suggestion no bigger than 1.5 yards x 1.5 yard approx or could produce several samples or a triptych etc
- Merino fiber or Finn sheep fiber, approx 2.2 lbs.in total for a larger piece of work. Minimum 4 colours in high contrast.
- A design used for inspiration for cutting into the felt bases on lines or can just go with the flow of the work they have made on the day.
- Felting kit (bubble wrap, towel, water sprinkler, soap, net, a wide bowl).
- Notebook and pen
- Sharp scissors preferably embroidery
- Scraps of fabric suitable for nuno fabric
- Other materials such as glass nuggets or even half cut felt balls and braids to cut and reveal hidden mixed media.